Wednesday 3 July 2013

Lowdham Book Festival 2013

Hello. It's the Cat here. I just found out that there was a book festival in Lowdham, Nottinghamshire last weekend - and that I wasn't invited. I can't tell you the words I had to have with young Wilf on this one. Lowdham is just a stone's throw away from Waterwhistle (or, you know, what's left of it). Plus, I do like book festivals. I can read better than most cats. And to be fair, I'm actually the main character in one of the books Wilf was selling so you would have thought I'd be the guest of honour and get loads of adulation and fish. Adulation and fish are my two favourite things.

ANYway, after telling Wilf in no uncertain terms how annoyed I was, he did ask me to take some small part in proceedings by coming on here and thanking everyone who came along on the day and chatted to him. Also, if you did the fiendishly difficult wordsearch, well done! I'd like to take credit for that - but it was actually Wilf's friend, Ian, who concocted that little gem. If I'd done it, it would have been even more fiendish. Doubly fiendish. Trebly, even. Maybe even fourbly. The levels of fiendishness would have been so high, they would have needed to double the size of the festival, just to fit all the fiendishness in. It would have been a fiendish overload. We would have used up all the world's supply of fiendish, just on this one wordsearch.

I think you get the idea. It would have been quite tricky.

Anyway, thanks again (even though I wasn't there....) and check back soon for a brilliant competition for all you budding writers out there. Fancy the chance to get a short story you've written printed in 'The Secret of Waterwhistle Part 2' when it comes out later this year? Then don't go far.

Until next time. Keep an eye out for Yarnbulls!


C

No comments:

Post a Comment